[The BIRTHDAY CELEBRANT, RALITA BELISARIO-YOUNG, is shown here posing like an actress of the vaunted PINILAKANG-TABING (i.e. SILVER SCREEN) of yesteryears (as though a look-alike of LOLITA RODRIGUEZ or perhaps the hybrid of LORNA TOLENTINO and ALMA MORENO) amidst the lush natural greenery full of leafy foliage while evoking much apt adages such as: “SARIWANG HANGIN, MASARAP LANGHAPIN”, “LAGASLAS NA DAHON NG PALMERA, BUMABANDERA”, “DAHONG TALAHIB, UMAALIGID-ALIGID”, “ANG NAKAHAWAK SA PUNO, NAGHAHANAP NG PAMALO”, etc. And the most fitting adage that is seemingly being proffered and suggested by the photograph perceived as a whole is: “MALIGAYANG KAARAWAN SA HIPAG KONG MAHILIG SA HALAMAN AT KALIKASAN; AT MAYROONG ITINATAGONG KAGANDAHAN!]
You’re a true-blooded ABRA1 folk,
‘Tis a province that has been subject of lots of TALK;
A lot of election-related episodes,
It’s the dyeing capital as it produces much INDIGOES1a!
It’s a colorful province of the ITNEG2 lore,
Known for BAMBOO CRAFTS3 which many ADORE;
Just like how JING4 courted you BEFORE,
‘Twas full of color and much GALORE!
As a CANCER5 person you are ENERGETIC,
And you easily detect who’s not a TRUTH EPIC;
Lying is one trait that you really DISDAIN,
You can easily catch one as if you can read one’s BRAIN!
As a MONKEY6 person per the CHINESE ZODIAC,
You bring warmth like the undershirt of a LUMBERJACK;
For you’re sociable and OPTIMISTIC,
Your agile and truly bright as a stylish CHIC!
The name RALITA7 evokes sensitiveness and CREATIVENESS,
But IDEALISM appears to be also in your PSYCHE’s NEST;
BELISARIO8 on the other hand denotes of a SWORDSMAN,
‘Tis a Spanish term with GREEK as its PROVENANCE9…
Merging therefore the qualities of your NAMES,
You’re a gracious lady, who could get angered into FLAMES;
In the vernacular, you are what they call… IS IT?
“MABAIT, NGUNIT MABAGSIK KUNG MAGALIT!10”
That’s why perhaps during the weekly MAHJONG SESSION,
When it’s your turn to play, there is QUICK CESSATION;
On the part of your loving HUSBAND, the SWANK WINSTON…
Hurriedly, you’ll be mixing the TILES while on your THRONE11.
[The BIRTHDAY CELEBRANT, RALITA BELISARIO-YOUNG, sitting on her THRONE (seen at extreme right) in one of those happy MAHJONG sessions.]
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RALLY!!!!
(1) My sister-in-law RALLY aka RALITA BELISARIO-YOUNG hails from ABRA, a province within the ILOCOS REGION which is located up north in Luzon, the largest island in the Philippine archipelago.
(1a) ABRA is known as the DYEING CAPITAL of the PHILIPPINES [bizarrely termed too as DYING capital (in such a strange and abjectly funny way) as there has been a spate of seemingly politically-motivated assassinations lately], as the folks in ABRA know how to derive natural dye from plants which are much abundant in their area.
(2) ITNEG is the other term used years ago to refer to the aborigines and/or the town folks from ABRA.
(3) ABRA is also known for a thriving cottage industry which churns out nice and fantastic bamboo crafts.
(4) JING is the nickname of my brother WINSTON WINIFREDO T. YOUNG.
(5) Being born on June 22, Rally is guided by the ZODIAC sign of CANCER.
(6) Being born on June 22, 1956, Rally is guided by the CHINESE sign of the MONKEY.
(7) A research in the INTERNET, through GOOGLE would show that the name RALITA connotes sensitiveness, creativeness and IDEALISM too.
(8) A research too in the INTERNET, through GOOGLE would disclose that the term/name BELISARIO is a Spanish term which was derived from GREEK. In its Spanish meaning, BELISARIO denotes of a SWORDSMAN; in Greek, BELISARIO means an ARCHER or one who could shoot arrows so skillfully.
(9) PROVENANCE means ORIGIN as used in this BLOG.
(10) “MABAIT NGUNIT MABAGSIK KUNG MAGALIT.”, is a Tagalog saying which literally means “GOOD BUT HARSH WHEN ANGERED.”
(11) THRONE is used in this BLOG to mean one of the desired seats, actually FOUR (4) of them, surrounding the MAHJONG TABLE.